Intermediate Care Facility
36 Bed In-Patient Unit: 28 allocated for Adults + 8 allocated for Children.
4 Adult Wards + 1 Children’s Ward.
24 Hour dedicated Care.
All Basic Needs provided for whilst admitted.
Care is free of charge.
**Funded by Department of Health; Global Partners in Care
Definition of Intermediate Care:
In-patient transitional care, which facilitates optimal recovery from acute illness or complications of long-term condition, enabling the patient to regain and maintain skills and abilities in daily living; with the ultimate discharge destination being home or an alternative supported living environment.
- To improve the functional status of patients.
- To enable successful discharge to alternative environment.
- To prevent unplanned/inappropriate use of acute services.
- To delay admission to long-term care facility.
- To improve the quality of life of a patient in their final stage of life.
Services and Guiding Principles:
Palliative (End-of-Life)-, Sub-Acute- and Rehabilitative Care involving comprehensive Assessments and structured Care Plans; including Active Therapy, Appropriate treatment and Opportunity to Recover; Provided by a Multi-disciplinary Team delivering holistic Interventions.
The services are Patient-centred and Multi-Professional.
- Medically and mentally stable, with compromised functional status.
- Complex discharge planning is required to resume living at home; particularly for children with psycho social and neuro-developmental needs.
- Recent decline in functional status requiring a short period of enhanced care.
- Requires short-term rehabilitation or recuperation.
- Requires comprehensive interventions to be holistically healthy and to achieve optimal functional status.
- 1 Clinical Manager
- 1 Medical Officer (Volunteer)
- 4 Professional Nurses
- 4 Enrolled Nurses
- 20 Health Care Workers
- 2 Ward Assistants
- 1 Occupational Therapist (Outsourced)
- 1 Occupational Therapy Technician
- 1 Social worker (shared with Home Community Based Care)
- 1 Spiritual worker
- Outsourced Physiotherapy: Integrated Physiotherapy (George)
- 1 Psychologist
- Medical Care
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Provision of Assistive Devices and Wheelchairs
- Nutritional Rehabilitation
- Psycho-social- and Emotional Care
- Spiritual Care
- Family Support and -Empowerment
- Step-Down Care