Bethesda was established in 2000 as a NPO (No: 020-521-NPO) and a Section 18 (A) company.
We have three main divisions
- 147 staff members
- A Board of directors that oversees the organization, decisions, governance and planning.
- A CEO and management committee that are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- A holistic care approach: medical, rehabilitation, developmental, spiritual, psycho-social, family support.
- Support Services: Kitchen (Outsourced), Laundry (Outsourced), Maintenance, Transport, Security and Admin/Finance.
- Development Program for 18 months to 6-year-old that is called the Milestones.
- Integrated School Health workers in George.
Our total operational budget is more than R12,070 million per year.
Even though we do receive some funding from the government, we cannot survive on that alone. We have an active Fundraising Initiative and Projects Division that raise funds/donations/CSI Allocations from the general public, corporate donors and other funding partners.
We have a comprehensive Needs List that indicates urgent needs per division and thus guides Fundraising and Proposed Projects.
We encourage people to remember Bethesda in their wills.