Volunteers are a resource and a vital part of the strategy for fulfilling the mission of Bethesda. We value our volunteers because they diversify and expand the services offered to our patients/children/families.
Dedicated volunteers work in partnership with a certain Division of Bethesda (and the divisional employees) and we tailor job descriptions of volunteers to maximize the value of the experience to both the volunteer and the organization.
- Volunteering makes you feel needed (and you are).
- Volunteering teaches you about Humanity and Humility.
- Volunteering can lead to learning new skills.
- Volunteering returns to society some of the benefits society gives you.
- Volunteering helps you meet new people and foster understanding, trust and confidence.
- Volunteering provides opportunities to strengthen our community.
COORDINATION OF VOLUNTEERS
At Bethesda, we have strict Policies and Procedures in terms of volunteering, as this is an area that needs to be planned and managed appropriately.
Volunteer Coordinator/Contact Person:
- First time LOCAL Volunteers, please phone Desiree Bruiners at 44-875 8088 or contact her via e-mail at email@example.com
- INTERNATIONAL Volunteers must please initially contact Madeleine Meyer (CEO) via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a volunteer has been allocated to a certain Division in Bethesda, that volunteer will be under the supervision of the Divisional Manager.
- Organizational Orientation will be done by Desiree Bruiners and Divisional Orientation will be done by the Divisional Manager.
Services/Tasks of a Volunteer:
- Volunteers will be utilized according to:
-Individual Strengths, Skills and Preferences.
-Time Period of volunteering.
- Volunteers will be orientated to the division they will volunteer in and a specific Job Description will be given to them to guide their involvement.
Requirements/Procedure to Volunteer:
1) All volunteers must provide the following documents to Bethesda for the Volunteering process to be initiated:
- Certified copy of ID/Passport
- SAPD Security Clearance
- CV (If not available, we will provide a generic form to be completed that contains all CV details)
- Bethesda Forms to be completed for Volunteer Placement:
-Volunteer Questionnaire (competency evaluation included)
2) Volunteer must indicate in which division he/she wants to volunteer.
3) The Volunteer Coordinator/Contact person will then place the potential Volunteer on a Waiting List whilst consulting with the chosen Division with regards to volunteering needs.
4) Once a need in a Division is established, the Volunteer Coordinator/Contact person will make an appointment for the potential Volunteer to meet the specific Divisional Manager and then all the details of Volunteering in that Division will be discussed and clarified.
5) After all this is done the Volunteer Coordinator/Contact person will call the Volunteer back with a date and time to start the formal, active Volunteering process.
“We volunteer initially to lose ourselves; and we volunteer next to find ourselves……..We volunteer to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world that our newspapers will accommodate………We volunteer in essence to become young fools again…..to slow time down and get taken in and fall in love once more…………….”